Positions Currently Available
Chief Operating Officer
Phi Mu Alpha Sinfonia Fraternity of America is seeking a qualified member to serve as the Chief Operating Officer (COO) of the Fraternity. The COO reports to the National President and works in direct partnership with him and the National Executive Committee to execute and advance the Fraternity’s mission and programs. As the chief staff member employed by the Fraternity he supervises the National Staff and is responsible for all operations of the Fraternity and its National Headquarters.
Phi Mu Alpha Sinfonia is a national music fraternity founded in 1898 for the development of the best and truest fraternal spirit; the mutual welfare and brotherhood of musical students; the advancement of music in America and a loyalty to the Alma Mater. The Fraternity has 241 collegiate chapters, 9 colonies, and 17 alumni associations. The Fraternity’s membership consists of approximately 6,500 collegiate members and over 100,000 alumni.
- Oversees operations of the National Headquarters and National Staff in Evansville, Indiana;
- Executes the policies and programs of the Fraternity;
- Assists in the preparation of an annual budget and executes regular financial oversight;
- Oversees the organization and operations of the Fraternity’s triennial National Convention, Leadership Institute, all other national events, and Council and committee meetings;
- Addresses legal needs of the Fraternity, and serves as its primary risk management officer;
- Provides support to the Sinfonia Educational Foundation.
- Supports and assists volunteer leaders in the execution of their responsibilities;
- Engages in activities sufficient to maintain a grassroots feel for the needs of the Fraternity’s members.
The ideal candidate is a member in good standing of Phi Mu Alpha Sinfonia Fraternity who shares a strong commitment to the Fraternity’s Object and ideals. A Bachelor’s degree is required. Master’s degree and prior experience in not-for-profit management are preferred. Salary will be competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience. Benefits include health insurance and IRA match.
Send an e-mail with a cover letter detailing your qualifications, resume and salary requirements to National President John Mongiovi at email@example.com
Candidates will be considered until the position is filled.