2015 Legislative Docket Announced
In accordance with Title I, Article XVIII, Section I of the National Bylaws, the National President has released the legislative docket for the 2015 National Convention as set by the National Executive Committee. This docket includes previously approved proposals that are to be considered by the National Assembly at the 55th National Convention.
Download 2015 Legislative Docket
2015 Legislative Docket Summary
- NCP55-01: Concerning editorial revisions to the initiation reporting process: Whether the provisions regarding initiation reporting should be amended for clarity and to better correlate with new reporting and payment procedures.
- NCP55-02: Concerning eliminating redundant provisions: Whether Title I, Article I, Section 14 of the National Bylaws should be eliminated as being redundant with the two sections immediately following it.
- NCP55-03: Concerning the definition of “terminating academic affiliation”: Whether “termination of academic affiliation” as an eligibility criterion for transferring from collegiate to alumni membership should be more clearly defined.
- NCP55-04: Concerning active and inactive status for chapters and alumni associations: Whether the provisions regarding active and inactive status for chapters and alumni associations should be clarified.
- NCP55-05: Concerning the status of collegiate members of an inactive chapter: Whether collegiate members should be given a 30-day grace period from the date on which their chapter is made inactive to pay off balances with the national headquarters before being automatically expelled, and also whether the status of a collegiate member of an inactive chapter who is suspended by the COS should be clarified.
- NCP55-06: Concerning eligibility requirements for National Vice President: Whether the eligibility requirements for serving as National Vice President should be amended to match the requirements for serving as National President.
- NCP55-07: Concerning national committees: Whether the differences between national standing committees and special committees should be more clearly stated, similar to how standing and special chapter committees are explicitly defined.
- NCP55-08: Concerning when new members are first required to pay national per capita tax: Whether the dates establishing when new members are first required to pay national per capita tax should be parallel between the fall and spring semesters, setting the initiation cutoff at one month prior to the per capita tax payment deadline in each semester.
- NCP55-09: Concerning reimbursements of initiation fees: Whether initiation fees paid directly to the national headquarters by an individual who is not initiated may be refunded directly to that individual rather than to the chapter.
- NCP55-10: Concerning clarification of the procedures for charter revocation: Whether the provisions regarding the effects of charter revocation should be amended for clarity.
- NCP55-11: Concerning Province Governor formal visits: Whether the section on Province Governor “formal visits” in Title I of the National Bylaws should be amended to match the corresponding section in Title II by specifying that the visit to a chapter that misses the Province Workshop should take place “as soon as possible within that academic year.”
- NCP55-12: Concerning editorial revisions to the process for filing semiannual chapter reports: Whether the requirements of the semiannual chapter reporting process should be amended for clarity and to better reflect current electronic reporting practices.
- NCP55-13: Concerning when additional liability insurance fees are to be remitted: Whether the national governing documents should be amended to reflect the current policy of requiring additional liability fees assessed by the NEC to certain chapters to be remitted with the semiannual chapter reports.
- NCP55-14: Concerning editorial revisions to the process for electing probationary members: Whether the procedures for electing probationary members should be amended for clarity.
- NCP55-15: Concerning fair treatment of probationary members with disabilities: Whether the provisions regarding probationary members with disabilities should be amended to protect PMs against discrimination on the basis of more types of disabilities, and also whether the process for NEC review of a PG’s decision regarding an alternate PM program requirement should be clarified.
- NCP55-16: Concerning editorial revisions to the process for electing collegiate members: Whether the procedures for electing collegiate members should be amended for clarity.
- NCP55-17: Concerning editorial revisions to the process for conferring chapter honorary membership: Whether the procedures for conferring chapter honorary membership should be amended for clarity.
- NCP55-18: Concerning chapter officer eligibility: Whether the eligibility requirement for most chapter officers should be clarified by changing from the undefined “one semester” to a definite “120 days.”
- NCP55-19: Concerning editorial revisions to the duties of the chapter president: Whether the duties of the chapter president should be amended for clarity.
- NCP55-20: Concerning editorial revisions to the duties of the chapter treasurer: Whether the duties of the chapter treasurer should be amended for clarity.
- NCP55-21: Concerning the method of chapter payments: Whether the restriction requiring chapters to make payments only by check should be eliminated.
- NCP55-22: Concerning editorial revisions to the process for the annual chapter financial audit: Whether the procedures for the required annual chapter financial audit should be amended for clarity.
- NCP55-23: Concerning reorganization of the provisions on member discipline by chapters: Whether the provisions on chapter discipline of individual members should be reorganized and whether an article should be retitled for clarity.
- NCP55-24: Concerning editorial revisions to the procedures following chapter suspension of a member: Whether the procedures that a chapter must follow after it suspends a member should be amended for clarity.
- NCP55-25: Concerning expanding the membership of the National Executive Committee: Whether the National Executive Committee should be expanded by adding an additional Committeeman-at-large and an addition National Collegiate Representative.
- NCP55-26: Concerning eliminating the minimum age requirement for membership: Whether the minimum age requirement for membership should be eliminated.
- NCP55-27: Concerning prohibition of prepayment of per capita tax for transfers to alumni membership: Whether collegiate members should be prohibited from “buying out” eight semesters of per capita taxes in a lump sum in order to transfer to alumni membership.
- NCP55-28: Concerning increasing the national convention tax: Whether the amount of the national convention tax should be increased from $80 per chapter per semester ($160 annually) to $160 per chapter per semester ($320 annually).
- NCP55-29: Concerning administrative fees for certain appeals: Whether the National Executive Committee should be authorized to assess an administrative fee of up to $35 to process appeals of disciplinary actions.
- NCP55-30: Concerning Province Alumni Coordinator duties: Whether the specification that Province Alumni Coordinators should accompany Province Governors on official visits should be removed.
Share This Story, Choose Your Platform!